Indira Nooyi, the first ever Indian born CEO of PepsiCo and the 5th CEO in 44 years of PepsiCo. That line itself says it all in terms of my respect for her as a CEO. But here are some more facts I came across that make me respect this dynamic leader even more. here it goes:
- She played lead guitar in an all girls’ band.
- She worked in the graveyard shift as a dorm receptionist just so that she could earn an extra 50 cents.
- Indra Nooyi is the 5th CEO in PepsiCo’s 44 year history
- She was listed on Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People In The World” in 2007 and 2008.
- In 2007, Indra Nooyi was awarded the “Padma Bhushan” by the Government of India. For my freinds who do not know what this award is let me define it – Padma Bhushan – an award that was established on 2 January 1954 by the then president of India. It is awarded to recognize distinguished service of a high order to the nation, in any field. One of the highest honors any individual can earn. Till date from 1954 less than 1250 people have been given this award. Here is the wikipedia page for it.
- As the CEO of PepsiCo, Indra Nooyi has an approximate net worth of $144 million.
- Indra Nooyi was born in Madras (present day Chennai) and is an alumnus of IIM- Calcutta.
- She loves karaoke singing and apparently even has a karaoke machine at home.
- Before she joined Pepsi, Indra Nooyi held various positions at Boston Consulting Group, Asea Brown Boveri, Motorola, Johnson & Johnson and Mettur Beardsell.
- Since Indra Nooyi started as CFO in 2001, Pepsi’s net profit has risen from $2.7 billion to $6.5 billion.
and so I say #RespectAlltTheWaY!